ABOUT GEE GAHIR
Gee adopts an integrative and multidisciplinary approach to achieving and maintaining health and vitality. Versatile to address a variety of group and individual needs, Gee’s experience spans across two decades in the health industry in various roles, from raising public health lifestyle awareness, delivering education, market access to medicines & strategic business management within the pharmaceutical & NHS domain. She has been practicing & teaching complementary and natural medicine for the last decade.
Her philosophy is based on a ‘back to basics’ concept of reconnecting with the healing properties of Nature. The secret to living well begins with synchronising our eating and lifestyle habits with the seasons. Learning to create nourishing whole food, and modifying movement and exercise to regain balance.
2020 Holistic Health was inspired by Gee’s recovery from total hip surgery where she applied her knowledge of traditional Yoga and Taosit medicine as an adjunct to NHS treatment to enhance her recovery with outstanding results. Not requiring any conventional pain relief and recovering from an unusually complex procedure due to her history of childhood surgery, the 2020 platform was launched to raise awareness of natural stress & pain management techniques and healthier lifestyle education.
Bespoke Seasonal Wellbeing – The 2020 signature wellbeing formula is developed by Gee over two decades of research to attain health. Dedicate one weekend every season to experience Natures Healing prescriptions for the ultimate wellbeing experience.
Corporate Wellness programs – movement based on modified yoga, qigong and acupressure techniques designed ‘off the mat’ specifically for office environments. Includes digital de-stress and deskercise. Benefits include re-education of functional movement patterns to alleviate common postural ailments such as text neck, RSI, backache.
Healthy Lifestyle Workshops: Tailor made ‘spotlight on health’ series created to address family and community health issues. Advocating the integration of dietary and lifestyle changes. Seasonally selected topics, ranging from general health maintenance, detox regimes, juicing and food therapy to specialized area’s such as women’s health, stress, joint health, osteoarthritis and Skin health.
Skills 4 Life –Inspired by Gee’s experience as a parent governor at her daughters secondary school (2009 – 2015) delivering stress prevention strategies to teens with exam related anxiety. This 6 week program offers clear guidance on stress prevention with simple effective techniques designed to motivate and equip teens with life and leadership skills.
AcuYoga: offers natural pain relief to preserve postural wellbeing through an integration of acupressure massage, therapeutic Yoga and Shiatsu.
Becoming Bionic : Innovative multidisciplinary holistic health program to enhance hip or knee surgery recovery.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2016/17 -Yoga Teacher Trainer (Teach Yoga) pioneered 2020 Seasonal Wellbeing Teacher Training Modules
- 2015 – Specialist Yoga for Stress Management -BWY Yoga accredited course
- 2015/16 – Pioneered Healthy Lifestyle clinics for Psoriaisis at The Royal London Hospital (Dermatology) with Professor Rino Cerio & Sister Angela Braeger
- 2014- 2016- Delivering vitamin D & Bone Health training & education to healthcare professionals
- 2014 – Developed pre & post hip surgery holistic health care plan used as an adjunct to NHS rehabilitation
- 2014 – Breath Body Mind training with Dr Richard Brown & Dr Pat Gerbarg, specialising in anxiety & PTSD.
- 2014 – HASWA Lifestyle Medicine & Well being project lead
- 2013 – 2017 – AcuYoga Workplace Wellbeing Workshops within NHS & corporate environments
- 2013 – Co-organiser of Yoga Charity event GOSH
- 2012 – Frances Bardsley Academy for girls – empowering leadership & stress management
- 2007 – Certified Seated Acupressure & Shiatsu Teacher Trainer
- 2007 – 2017 facilitated dermatolgy education for healthcare professionals
- 2005 – 2007 Shiatsu for critical illness and end of life care inspired by Diego Sanchez
- 1999 – 2017 Nutritionist specialising in seasonal wellbeing, dermatology & osteoarthritis
- Barts Health, Diabetes.
- Kennedy Institute Rheumatology, Bone health.
- NHS Stress Management Pilots
- Skin Health Pilot at The Royal London Hospital Dermatology Department
- Therapeutic Yoga for Hip Surgery – personal case study
- BSc Applied Biology
- MSc Neuroscience
- Diploma Psychology
- Association of British pharmaceutical industry (ABPI) Exams
- Diploma Natural Nutrition & Naturopathy (College of Natural Nutrition)
Complementary & Holistic Health Qualifications:
- Diploma Shiatsu, TCM & Qigong (European Shiatsu School)
- Diploma Seated Acupressure / Certified teacher
- Reiki Master Level 1 & 2
- BWY certified Yoga Teacher – specialised in stress management & hip surgery
- Stress Management Trainer (Stress Management Society)
- Environmental Health Feng Shui Practitioner & Certified Chue Teacher – Geopathic Stress
Registered with the following professional regulatory authorities:
Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine & MCMA associate of the Complimentary Association.
2020 Holistic Health is a CMA Registered Colllege Reg: C201608160001
Have you been diagnosed with OsteoArthritis or suffer from musculoskeletal issues? Have you received steroid injections only for the pain to return? Are you preparing for hip or knee surgery and looking to enhance your recovery time and outcomes?
From Bad Hip to ‘Becoming Bionic ‘ – read my personal story of transformation, how holistic health intervention improved my hip surgery outcomes & overall wellbeing and has inspired me to help others.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. 2020 Holistic Health makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
2020 Holistic Health does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.
2020 HOLISTIC HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
2020 Holistic Health advocates healthier lifestyle choices which do not replace recommendations provided by GP or Hospital specialists.
All material on this website is designed for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction.
No action should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.
Lily House, 11 The Shrubberies, George Lane, London E18 1BD
Skin55 Harley Street, London W1G 8QR
+44 (0) 7979 775 789
+44 (0) 7482 002 020
2020 Holistic Health Ltd is a Private Limited Company. Company No. 09825896.
Registered Office: 136 Katherine Road, London, E6 1ER