SEATED ACUPRESSURE MASSAGE
ABOUT SEATED ACUPRESSURE MASSAGEOn-Site or Seated Acupressure Massage was developed in the USA in 1986 and has become increasingly popular since then. On-Site or Seated Acupressure Massage is an immediate stress buster, working to relieve tired aching muscles in the short term and, due to its ability to relieve stress, maintaining overall health in the long term. Seated Acupressure Massage or On-site massage is an upper body massage performed through the clothes whilst seated on a specifically designed chair.
This 2-day workshop is suited for complimentary therapists or healthcare professionals interested in learning bodywork or massage techniques as continuing practitioner development (CPD), or who simply wish to further their practises and learn new skills.
On-Site or seated acupressure massage is fun to learn and a valuable addition to anyone’s practise.
- Reduces inflammation and joint pain, improves mobility.
- Alleviates symptoms of stress by promoting a restful state.
- Improves muscle tone & circulation.
- Dispersal of toxins.
- Helps key muscles to relax.
- A decrease in blood pressure and pulse.
- Aids good posture through the vertical seated position which encourages proper alignment of the vertebral column.
- Improves mental focus and concentration.
COURSE CONTENT DAY 1
Day 1 introduction to the seated acupressure massage form and working on the specially designed massage chairs:
- Introduction to working in the chair and to the different types of chair
- How to set up the chair and set your client.
- Application of pressure through body weight and body mechanics to allow you to complete up to 15 twenty minute sessions in a day.
- Contraindications to use of On-Site/Seated Acupressure Massage.
- Correct posture and use of body weight to apply techniques.
- Use of hands, thumbs, and forearms to apply pressure.
- The 20-minute Seated Acupressure Massage sequence.
COURSE CONTENT DAY 2
By the end of day 2 you will be able to complete a 10 or 20 minute seated acupressure massage:
- Review and fine tune the 20-minute sequence
- Correct use of posture
- Identifying and fine-tuning any techniques students are uncertain about
- Adapting the 20-minute routine to create a 10-minute form for the upper body, back, neck, shoulders, arms and head
- Basic Shiatsu techniques for accessing the meridians , stretching and joint mobilisation
- Feedback and guidance on technique
2020 Holistic Health advocates healthier lifestyle choices which do not replace recommendations provided by GP or Hospital specialists.
All material on this website is designed for information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction.
No action should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.
Lily House, 11 The Shrubberies, George Lane, London E18 1BD
Skin55 Harley Street, London W1G 8QR
+44 (0) 7979 775 789
+44 (0) 7482 002 020
2020 Holistic Health Ltd is a Private Limited Company. Company No. 09825896.
Registered Office: 136 Katherine Road, London, E6 1ER